Foodstuffs South Island Limited, any affiliate, subsidiary or related company of those Foodstuffs entities, and any Foodstuffs member franchisee store (together, Foodstuffs) collects and holds personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
- visit Henry’s BWS stores;
- use Henry’s BWS website; and/or
- any other services we provide now or in the future,
(together, the Services).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of providing you the Services. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
3. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information we may collect when you use the Services includes your name, age, location, email address, phone number and any other information that we request.
When using one of the Services, you may register with Henry’s BWS to receive regular marketing communications from us, for example via email or text message. If you choose to register to use the Services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to create an account, which may include your name, age, delivery address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all the Services, including the marketing communications available after registration.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in order to provide the Services to you.
By accessing and using the Services, or by registering to receive marketing communications, you agree that we may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to Henry’s BWS customers from time to time;
- To contact you for other Foodstuffs’ marketing and promotional purposes;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience of the Services;
- To provide you or send you targeted marketing (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online (including social media) or post with details of special offers, discounts and information about products or services offered by Henry’s BWS, or other third-party providers, information that may be of interest to you, your family or household;
- To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
- To conduct research related to your use of the Services;
- To process and fulfil any orders you place with us;
- Such other purpose we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, Foodstuffs will collect your personal information directly from you.
5. DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with the Services, or by your registering for an account to use the Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. By using one or all the Services you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to
- a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- a franchisee of a Foodstuffs Co-operative;
- a third party outside of Foodstuffs who is contracted to us to provide a particular service on our behalf;
- to our appointed payment provider to process your payments for purchases; and
- third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
6. COOKIES AND TRACKING
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the relevant website;
- ensure any content (which may include any advertising) is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- enable us to serve targeted advertising to you (on our Site and elsewhere).
By using the Services, you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Site.
7. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various app, web and/or email analytics tools to collect information about your activity when you use the Services through our website. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products, services, or specials that you engage with on the relevant website) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the relevant website). By accessing and using one of our websites, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of the Services through that site.
8. DIRECT MARKETING AND CONSENT TO RECEIVING MESSAGES
When you register to receive marketing communications from us, your name and contact details will be added to our Henry’s BWS database (and/or a database of Foodstuffs), and you consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message, or physical mail (depending on what information you provide us and your stated preferences).
All electronic communications from us will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive messages from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Henry’s BWS at any time by clicking the link in any email you receive from us, or by contacting the specified Henry’s BWS email address (if applicable). If you unsubscribe or cancel your registration, we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Services.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third-party gains unauthorised access to your information.
10. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited or by Foodstuffs South Limited at 167 Main North Road in Christchurch and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs' trusted data service providers. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your personal information online via your account. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact your local Henry’s BWS store. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up to date.
If you find that information, we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.